Before you reset your NAVIGON device to factory settings, using the Fresh Software, we recommend that you format the device or SD card.
Please use the Windows formatting function to format as follows:
- Fully charge your device
- Connect the NAVIGON device to your computer via USB.
- Open your Windows Explorer.
- Right click on the corresponding drive with the NAVIGON device and select "format" in the context menu.
- Now select FAT32, for the file system in the formatting window.
- Click on "Start" to format the device.
Please be aware: With Windows 10 systems we could detect formatting errors using the above method.
Therefore we recommend, to use the tool "SD Card Formatter".
- Download the tool via the following link (Download SD Card Formatter)
- Install the tool on your computer
- Select the following settings, to ensure a error free formatting:
(Partition "D:/" may vary)
- Further information can be found on the website of the tool provider.