Guidance for activation of Live services (VW, Seat, Skoda)
Modified on: Mon, 23 Apr, 2018 at 5:10 PM
Connecting the smartphone and the PID via Bluetooth:
Sharing the data connection for the PID on your mobile phone:
- The availability of the Bluetooth must be switched on. Only then can the PID find the smart phone. Go to settings menu and select Bluetooth.
- In the Settings menu set the check mark for the visibility of the phone for non-paired Bluetooth devices.
- Now a search can be started on the PID, which must find the mobile phone within two minutes. The mobile phone must be selected on the PID as a device to be coupled, and the coupling must then be confirmed on the PID and the mobile phone.
- If the pairing is successful, the following entry appears in the mobile phone: "coupled".
Use the data connection abroad:
- Bluetooth is activated on your mobile phone.
- The phone is coupled to the PID via Bluetooth.
- Select in main menu the “Settings” and then select „More Settings".
- In the „Wireless and networks“ select the „Tethering and portable hotspot“.
- Select „Tethering“. (Help iPhone / Help Android)
- The data connection is now released, the Live Services can be used via the mobile phone on PID.
- If a data connection is needed abroad, it must be enabled on the mobile phone the roaming.
- Main menu → Settings → More Settings → Mobile Networks → Data roaming
Set the check mark, the info pop-up "roaming may cause additional charges. Continue?" Confirm with OK.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.