How can I plan a route with multiple destinations on an Apple device?
If you have multiple destinations to cover, then you can use the Route planning function.
It is only possible to enter up to 25 destinations for one route due to technical reasons (hardware limitations).
If you require to enter more destinations, then the trip needs to be divided into multiple planned trips.
Example: You have planned a trip with 46 destinations and had to create 2 routes by entering 25 destination for route 1 and 21 destinations for route 2. As soon as you have completed the first route, you will have to start the second one.
This is how you can enter multiple destinations with Route planning:
- Start the NAVIGON app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Overflow menu (3 bars top left) symbol and then Route planning via the drop down menu.
- The Route screen is displayed now and you have several options (symbols) made available to you.
Symbols from left to right : Route calculation; Move route point, Delete route, Saved routes and Add route point
- If a route is displayed, tap on Delete route and then on the Add route point and enter an address to plan a route. Always confirm an entered address by tapping on the tick.
- Select Add route point on the top right corner to enter another destination. Repeat this until all desired route points have been entered.
- Then you will have to tap on Route calculation to have the route and travel information displayed.
- To save the route, tap on the Overflow Menu Route (bottom right) symbol on the displayed map of the route calculation.
- Here you are able to Save route as well as changing the Route profile or run a Simulation.
- Tap on Start navigation (top right of the displayed map) to begin your journey after closing the Overflow Menu Route.
Did you know?
You are able to skip saved destinations during a route navigation, as long as more than 2 route points are saved. Just tap on the Overflow Menu Route (top right) symbol and then on Skip current destination.